Dating By Design
Course Leader: Toni Coleman, LCSW, CMC
A six week telecourse designed to provide you with the self-knowledge and tools you need to meet compatible singles, progress beyond serial dating, become an effective communicator and self marketer, and move towards satisfying intimacy with that right person for you.
Are you a single adult who has grown frustrated trying to meet or connect with compatible singles, or perhaps shut down to the possibility of having a healthy dating life that leads to a satisfying, long term relationship? When you think about your ideal man or woman, do you quickly tell yourself that this person doesn't exist or is already in a relationship? Is it hard for you to even imagine having a long term, satisfying relationship? Does your experience lead you to believe that these relationships don’t happen, at least not for you?
In this six week course designed for singles who have had a non-existent or unsatisfactory dating life, you will be taught how to formulate and clarify your vision of a satisfying relationship, and then will be coached on how to turn this picture into reality. This will involve working through the important steps to relationship readiness, learning how to use new relationship building tools effectively, and following a step by step process that allows you to put this new knowledge and effective tools to the test.
You will have the opportunity to connect and share with other singles whom you may have a lot in common with. Together you will learn the foundations that underlie healthy, long term relationships and work to uncover your blocks to achieving real intimacy and commitment.
It is expected that telecourse participants will:
- Develop a clear vision of what your “right” relationship would look like, and create your own personal blueprint for how to get there.
- Increase yourself-awareness as an individual and as who you are in your relationships with others. This is a first step to developing greater insight and fostering better self-esteem- both of which are essential to achieving real intimacy.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of what intimacy is and what you will need to build a strong foundation on which it can grow.
- Develop a greater understanding of how/why you choose a certain type of person- someone who results from your past relationships, unresolved issues from childhood, and your unmet needs and tightly held beliefs.
- Learn to locate and effectively utilize the best local and online resources for meeting compatible, available singles.
- Become proficient in self-marketing skills such as writing a great personal ad, sending and answering first emails, mastering the dating elevator speech, and using emotional intelligence to make positive first impressions.
- Increase knowledge and productive use of attraction and dating skills.
- Learn about the myths of dating and relationships that can get in the way of relationship building success.
- Learn to become an effective communicator which involves active listening, reflective listening, an ability to accurately read and use non verbal communication, and the use of both negotiation and compromise skills to deal with conflict and enhance problem solving.
About Your Workshop Leader
Toni Coleman is an internationally recognized dating and relationship expert and founder of consum-mate.com. She is frequently quoted in local and national publications and top ranked dating and relationship web sites and has been a guest on a number of radio and TV programs. Toni is also the featured relationship coach in "The Business and Practice of Coaching," (Norton, September 2005); and is the author of the forward for, "Winning points with the woman in your life, One touchdown at a time;" (Simon and Schuster, November 2005). She has been a contributing writer for several magazines and a number of self-help, personal growth and dating/relationship web sites. She is presently the Non-verbal Communication Examiner for the Washington Examiner, and is a body language expert for Star Magazine and TMZ. From March 2005 until December 2005, she was a weekly contributing commentator (love and dating coach) on the KTRS Radio Morning Show, (St. Louis, MO). Toni holds a masters degree in Clinical Social Work, and is a licensed psychotherapist in the state of Virginia. She is also a Certified Life Coach. She is a member of The International Coach Federation and The National Association of Social Workers.
She is noted for her positive energy, constructive and supportive feedback and ability to motivate others to take risks and achieve their desired goals.
Tuition and Registration
The cost of a six session Dating by Design telecourse is $395.00. You may pay by credit card or by personal check.
Sign-up online and pay by credit card.
If you should need further assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or more information.
In response to your completed application and payment;
you will receive confirmation of the dates and the time,
and the bridge number to call.
All registration information and
participation is confidential and
will not be shared.